1. Crescent Home Health Agency, LLC responsibly safeguards the privacy of health information by:
Maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of an individual’s health information all the times, to the fullest extent of the law;
- Providing individuals with a notice of Crescent’s legal duties and privacy practices with respect to information collected and maintained about the individual;
- Abiding by the terms of this notice;
- Notifying individuals if Crescent Home Health Agency, LLC is unable to agree to a requested restriction;
- Accommodating reasonable requests to communicate health information by alternative means as allowed by law.
2. Crescent Home Health Agency, LLC reserves the right to change its practices and to make new provisions effective for all protected health information that Crescent maintains. Should Crescent’s protected health information practices change; a revised notice will be posted on our website and furnished to you upon request.
3. Crescent Home Health Agency, LLC will not use or disclose the individual’s health information without his/her authorization, except as described in this notice.
4. Questions or Complaints about Crescent Home Health Agency, LLC’s privacy practices may be directed to the Administrator at 314-741-3800 (Missouri) or 618-277-0939 (Illinois).
5. What Health Information is protected?
All of your Health Information (Billing and Medical Records) generated or maintained by Crescent Home Health Agency, LLC. This also includes information records in your medical records, invoices, payment forms, etc. along with any other health information gathered for Crescent by other organizations, health care professionals and employees who participate in your care.
6. Use and Disclosures of Your Health Information:
Without Authorization: Crescent is legally permitted to use or disclose your health information without obtaining your prior authorization and without offering you the opportunity to object. These circumstances include:
- REATMENT – We may use and/or disclose your health information for the purpose of providing, or allowing others to provide treatments for you, e.g. we may disclose information to your treating physician who is overseeing your plan of care. We may contact you with other health care related services or appointment reminders.
- PAYMENT – Crescent may use and/or disclose your health information for the purpose of allowing us to secure payment for the healthcare services provided to you. For example, we may inform your health insurance company of your diagnosis or treatment in order to assist the insurer in processing claims for the services provided to you.
- OPERATIONS – Crescent may use and/or disclose your health information for the purpose of our day to day operations and functions like, monitoring the quality of healthcare that Crescent provides.
- NOTIFICATIONS – Crescent may disclose to your family or representative information directly related to those persons’ involvement in the provision of, or payment for your care.
- CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE CRESCENT USE/DISCLOSE HEALTH INFORMATION INCLUDE: Where required by law, for public health purposes, to report abuse, neglect or domestic violence, Health Care oversight activities like audits/investigation, for administrative or judicial proceedings, for law enforcement purposes, to avert a serious threat to health or safety, for government functions and for purposes of worker’s compensation, as permitted by law.
Authorization Required: Please note that an authorization is required for most uses and disclosures of protected health information. Uses and disclosures not described in this notice will be made only with your authorization or that of your legal representative. You may revoke your authorization, in writing, at any time.
7. Your Privacy Rights:
- To Request Restrictions: You have the right to request restrictions on the use and disclosure of your health information for treatment, payment, operations or notification purposes. We are not required to agree with your request; however, we may not refuse your request to withhold information from your health plan if the disclosure is for payment and health care operations. If we agree to a requested restriction, we will abide by that description unless you are in need of an emergency treatment. A written request is needed to be submitted for a restriction.
- To Limit Communications: You have the right to receive Confidential communications about your health information at alternative locations or by alternative means. You must submit a written request.
- To Access and Copy Your Health Information: You have the right to inspect and copy any health information about you. You should submit a written request to access or receive a copy of your records. You may be charged a copying fee.
- To Request Amendment: You may request in writing, an amendment to your medical records. Your request may be denied if the information was not created by Crescent, is not part of Crescent Home Health Agency, LLC’s record, is not the type of information available to you for inspection; or the information is accurate and complete. Crescent will notify you if your request for amendment is accepted or rejected. If you disagree with a denial, you may submit a written statement of disagreement, which will be kept on file and distributed with all future disclosures.
YOUR PRIVACY OBLIGATION: Home Health patients should be aware that a copy of their treatment requires that a copy of their clinical record, containing Protected Health Information, be kept in their home. It is patient’s responsibility to protect this information from unauthorized use and disclosure.
Crescent Home Health Agency, LLC’s Privacy Obligations: Crescent is required by law to maintain the privacy of your health information, provide you with this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices, and abide by the terms of this notice. However, Crescent Home Health Agency, LLC reserves the right to change the terms of this notice and make those changes applicable to all health information that we maintain.
Privacy Complaints: If you believe, your privacy rights have been violated, you may lodge a complaint with Crescent. You may also complain to the Secretary of the US Department of Health and Human Services. To lodge a complaint with Crescent Home Health Agency, LLC, please file a written complaint with:
Sikander Bajwa, Administrator
Crescent Home Health Agency, LLC
10 Emerald Terrace, Suite C
Swansea, IL 62226
763 South New Ballas Road, Suite 205
St. Louis, MO 63141